No announcement yet.

MAXScript gets "undefined" from material property in FStormMatProject helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXScript gets "undefined" from material property in FStormMatProject helper

MAXScript gets “undefined” from the material property in the FStormMatProject helper although this property has an assigned material.
    Will this be fixed?

Material is not assing directly as for regular gometry. it is set via projection parameters

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
      Material is not assing directly as for regular gometry. it is set via projection parameters
      Yeah, I know. I wanted through maxscript to take the material that is assigned in the "material" slot of the FStormMatProject helper and replace it with another:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fsmatprojhelper_issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	11930

But when I try to get this material through maxscript (ie $.material), I always get "undefined"
      Last edited by GSystem; 12-20-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Then I don't know... I am not strong in max script.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
          Then I don't know... I am not strong in max script.
          I think this is due to the fact that there is a conflict of property names.
          The fact is that the property name "material" is reserved in 3ds max as the global property name, with which you can access the material assigned to the scene node.
          This conflict can be resolved if you give a different property name to the internal parameter FStormMatProject helper, corresponding to the slot "material: "
          For example, it could be "material_decal" or "mat_decal" or even just "mat". The main thing is that these names are not identical.
          It would be nice if you changed this, since many use the capabilities of maxscript to speed up and simplify the execution of many tasks in the 3ds max environment.

Comment

Thanks for the update in which you fixed this, Karba!
            Now I can take material from the FStormMatProject helper using the $.proj_material parameter and the problem no longer exists!

Comment

Working...
            X