Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash on closing RT window

Hello,

I recently upgraded tot Max 2022 and Fstorm 1.4.2G. I now have the issue that, often, when I close the RT window 3ds Max freezes and eventually crashes. This might have something to with my GPU crashing sometimes but I never had this issue back in Max 2018. This can be very annoying because now I'm saving the scene every time I start and close the RT window. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Joep

Do you have the issue on every scene or on some one?

Comment

As far as I've noticed it is not related to a specific scene. I've been having this issue with multiple scenes now.

Comment

Do you have any errors in fstorm render log?
        I don't have any similar reports. Maybe not may users switched to 3ds max 2022.

Comment

I'll have a look when it happens again, where can I find the log if Max crashes completely?

Comment

you can activate debug mod in utility planel and then send me the log file after 3ds max crashes.

Comment

I strongly suspect that the Max crash is caused by one of my GPU crashing while rendering. Max can restore itself when this happens but when closing the RT window, max freezes completely and doesn't break out of it. I updated the drivers of my GPU and haven't have a crash since, which also means no crash anymore after closing the RT window. So the issue is solved but it might be something you want to look into because if the GPU crashes for some other reason, Max will crash as well when closing the RT window. Hopefully this helps you

Comment

Working...
              X