Add support for RT cores of NVIDIA RTX cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add support for RT cores of NVIDIA RTX cards

It will be nice for fstorm render speed, plz add it.

Another feature: NVlink GPU memory share support for RTX cards.

Comment

I did some tests with VRay Next with RTX mod, and the speed difference was less than 5% at least on scenes I tested, so no plans for RT cores.
      Regarding NVLink, no plans at the moment. It doesn't give 2x memory amount (much less) and have noticeable speed drop

Comment

All right , Thx, But still want add it~! Cheers~!

Comment

RTX is a quite recent technology those however of nvdia in the next years probably becomes ever more important. At the moment the increase in performance may not be significant, but it certainly will be one day and then fstorm will be the last engine to support it. It may already change with the 3080ti + new optix core.

Redshift - has RTX
          VRAY - has RTX
          Octane - has RTX

I just think that as a GPU render engine you just can't ignore it even if it's a lot of work to rewrite the engine to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
            RTX is a quite recent technology those however of nvdia in the next years probably becomes ever more important. At the moment the increase in performance may not be significant, but it certainly will be one day and then fstorm will be the last engine to support it. It may already change with the 3080ti + new optix core.

Redshift - has RTX
            VRAY - has RTX
            Octane - has RTX

I just think that as a GPU render engine you just can't ignore it even if it's a lot of work to rewrite the engine to make it work.
            I disagree Gman, Andrei is right. I tested a lot of RedShift V3 (RTX support) and performance was worse in almost 90% of the scenes. Maybe the new RTX tech is a wonderful step forward (right now for RT, it indeed is; UE4 Raytracing is amazing!)

But! for offline GPU render engines, i can see a step back in most cases. Not to mention to re-write tons of code. FStorm is getting better and better IMHO (a bit slow development for my taste but i believe that's only Andrei behind it and he's doing an awesome work so far, congrats BTW).

Anyways, let's wait and see...

My 2 cents.

A.
            Last edited by Alex Roman; 03-28-2020, 01:53 PM.
            https://vimeo.com/user1337612

Comment

Working...
            X