Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Installer Pack] Separate SETUP and LUTs to 2 packs

Hi Karba,

Would it be possible to propose 2 different zips ? One for the updated FS Setup files, and the other for the commons LUTs files. You will only need to update LUT pack when necessary.

It makes the installer pack more light, saves space and bandwidth on server, and client.
    It also avoids to rewrite the same LUTS files during each setup, this increases ssd lifetime.

Thanks to consider.
    Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
    Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Well, I could understand you if fstorm setup file take 600Mbs instead of 20Mbs.

Comment

In fact i keep all the versions, so archives without redundant files would be better for me.

But to avoid rewriting LUTs, may you configure setup to only install the files with a different version of those already installed? Or let us to choose the items we want to install?

Thanks
      Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
      Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X