Baking textures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking textures

Hi, Im trying to follow a tutorial explaining how to add scratches to edges of my model which is using a baking material processing with mental ray but unfortunately I just found out that fstorm doesnt support it.
    Does anyone know a tecnic I can use to make scratches along the edges of my model?

You can mix FStorm scratches texture with fstorm dirt.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Karba, Do you have any guys on how to use those materials?

Comment

You can try something like that and use it as a mask when mixing materials.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahh ok ic ic, Im gonna try that out. Is that what the dirt node is used for mostly, a mask? And did you just plug a copy of those nodes into your bump map on that last pic?

Thanks for your help !

Comment

yes, just connect it to the bump.

Comment

Ok great, thanks. I also noticed that it seems to be a normal map you used, I wasnt aware that fstorm supported them. Do you see an advantage using normal maps over the plain greyscale image used as a bump map? A long while ago I was using them with the source engine but never really saw a difference... I was however using the Nvidia plugin for photoshop to create them from the greyscale image so maybe I just never had a "true" normal map.

Comment

I did not use normal map, it's only a bump map. Maybe you thought it because of the color of the render. It is two materials mixed : a blue diffuse and a metal. With normal map you've got more infos especially about angle, it is very interesting if you want to create metallic flakes for example.

Comment

Oh ok cool, thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                  X