RTX support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX support

So How long until you support the new RTX cards released today?

man you beat me to the punch! hahaha
    Karba do you think the engine can benefit from all that raytracing thing? or just the same expected incremental gain from year to year nvidia development?

Comment

I was going to ask the same question. I would like to change my two current GTX 1070, because I find that they heat a lot, one heats the other, so I would like to invest in a single card, powerful. What do you think of this new calculation feature for raytracing? Thank you.

Comment

I read the 2080ti runs warm, one reason the founders edition doesn't have the bower design.. Also it takes up 3 slots!
        Im guessing it will help active shade RT rendering with the real time ray tracing, not much faster though at 20% more cudas than the 1080ti..

Comment

I don't think RTX makes any sense for renders. It is mosly designed for games. It is the same as trying to use OpenGL for rendering.

What is more interesting is NVLink.

Comment

Hi Karba, I went to Nvidia website and they are supporting NVlink for 2080 and 2080Ti, Will Fstorm be able to use the advantage of Nvlink directly or will it require an update in your software??

Comment

Originally posted by anshumansinghr View Post
              Hi Karba, I went to Nvidia website and they are supporting NVlink for 2080 and 2080Ti, Will Fstorm be able to use the advantage of Nvlink directly or will it require an update in your software??
              Hard to say. I have to get 2080 somewhere and test.

Comment

Will replacing my current 2 GTX 1070 with a GTX 2080 ti card be more powerful for GPU rendering calculations? Thank you.

Comment

Can someone please test a GTX 2080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by anshumansinghr View Post
                    Can someone please test a GTX 2080Ti
                    Please check this post https://www.facebook.com/groups/FSto...3681028928306/

Comment

So basically a 2080Ti is taking half the time taken by a 1080Ti but the cost of a Overclocked 1080Ti is around $ 800 where as a overclocked version of 2080Ti in India is as much as $ 1600. Also I saw on Linus Tech that the NVlink for 2080Ti will only work as an SLI bridge. The Hi end NVlink is only available for Quadro Cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X