Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVLINK - GPU Memory

Hello,

I'm new to Fstorm and considering the move to production if I manage to make sure I won't have memory issues on large scale projects.

I've just read this announcement from Johannes Lindqvist on Facebook Group.

"GPU Memory is additive only with NVLINK enabled GPU's. For example the new RTX cards"

With this i would like to know if I buy 2 gpu's RTX 2080TI it will give me 22GB Ram? Is there any other issues I need to considering or it's just pluggin them in my motherboard and it's ready to go?

If I keep my other render engine I will be buying the 32core AMD processor. If 2x RTX 2080TI can give me the same power I will move to Fstorm once I finish all the tests I'm doing. Honestly so far I prefer Fstorm...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Pat

FStorm doesn't support NVLink at the moment. I will implement and yes, you should get 22GBs for 2xGTX2080Ti

Comment

I am also considering moving to Fstorm, I am building a new workstation coming from CPU engines and Im really interested in the 2080ti

Are there still no plans for RT Cores implementation? Seems to have great results in rendering and more and more people have these cards now

Comment

I also would like to see the NV Link supported as i have 4 RTX 2080 TI on board .. this be a game changer for Fstorm

Comment

when are you planning to add nvlink support? I want to make a workstation for fstorm and large architectural scenes. It is important to understand what will be more effective 2x2080ti or 3x2080. the second looks more efficient in memory and performance at a similar cost

Comment

Originally posted by Digimas View Post
            when are you planning to add nvlink support? I want to make a workstation for fstorm and large architectural scenes. It is important to understand what will be more effective 2x2080ti or 3x2080. the second looks more efficient in memory and performance at a similar cost
            NVLink does't support more than 2GPUs. 3x2080 will be limited by 8Gbs of memory.

Comment

Ok. So 2x2080 + 2x2080 will works on 16 mb? It seems that 16 mb is enough for exterior archviz.

Comment

Originally posted by Digimas View Post
                Ok. So 2x2080 + 2x2080 will works on 16 mb? It seems that 16 mb is enough for exterior archviz.
                yes, 4x2080 with 2 NVLinks should give you 16Gbs

Comment

Working...
                X