PC upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC upgrade?

Hi I possible have a decent size project coming up thats going to require a lot of renders. I'm looking at affordable options on upgrading my PC.
    At the moment I'm using Corona on a i75820K 32Gb. Would I see a significant speed increase going with Fstorm on a Nvidia 2080?
    I know these comparisons are like "how long is a piece of String" but surely there must be some idea.
    Also I'm concerned about RAM, I know having used Fstorm in the past its optimized compression uses less memory than a CPU renderer. But I don't know by how much?
    Is there any kind of comparison scale bar that can be used to compare the amount of CPU RAM and GPU RAM ? At the moment I constantly run out of RAM with my 32GB.

Originally posted by Javadevil View Post
    Hi I possible have a decent size project coming up thats going to require a lot of renders. I'm looking at affordable options on upgrading my PC.
    At the moment I'm using Corona on a i75820K 32Gb. Would I see a significant speed increase going with Fstorm on a Nvidia 2080?
    I know these comparisons are like "how long is a piece of String" but surely there must be some idea.
    Also I'm concerned about RAM, I know having used Fstorm in the past its optimized compression uses less memory than a CPU renderer. But I don't know by how much?
    Is there any kind of comparison scale bar that can be used to compare the amount of CPU RAM and GPU RAM ? At the moment I constantly run out of RAM with my 32GB.

I would recoomend to use 2xGTX2080Ti

if 32Gbs are enough for Corona, then 11GBs should be enough for FStorm.
    And in the future NVLink will be suppoerted, so 22Gbs will be available.

Comment

Thanks

That's a bit out of my league, 2 X GTX2080TI's. Here in Australia, they're $2000 each. For 4 grand I could get a decent spec PC

Is there any CPU/GPU Ram comparison chart? Would it be fair to say 2:1 ?

Comment

Working...
      X