Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport refresh speed

Dear Fstorm Team

You guys are literally doing phenomenal job with this rendering engine. Working on this rendering engine I realised that it is faster than most of gpu rendering engine and more responsive too.

But here i want to make a point which can be called as a general query also that is when we pause the rendering (RT) the viewport turns to normal and when it is engaged in rendering than the refresh rate of the viewport diminishes incredibly though I have dedicated video cards for rendering and separate dedicated video card for display. Shouldn't it be like that the rendering represh can suffer that is ok but viewport should work fine.

Regards
    Manish

viewport refresh speed may gets lower because of CPU load.

Comment

The diminishing viewport FPS is only when when we are moving objects here and there general navigation of viewport works fine and gets updated in rt too. Does this mean that CPU has any role on the geometry updates to the RT?

Comment

Originally posted by manish_mv View Post
        The diminishing viewport FPS is only when when we are moving objects here and there general navigation of viewport works fine and gets updated in rt too. Does this mean that CPU has any role on the geometry updates to the RT?
        So, you use real time geometry update?
        GPU is used only for rendering.
        CPU is used for everything else (including scene compilation)

Comment

Yes I do use real time geometry update so I understand that this is what is causing the diminishing FPS in the rendering process.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

I'm having the same problem for while now. For some reason Fstorm wants to update the objects position (or any other change in the scene) immediately after you start moving the object. It does not wait for you to stop position it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok Tok View Post
              I'm having the same problem for while now. For some reason Fstorm wants to update the objects position (or any other change in the scene) immediately after you start moving the object. It does not wait for you to stop position it.
              Yes, it always worked this way.

Comment

It would help me a lot if there was a delay of a few seconds so I can position an object precisely and then Fstorm refreshes the scene. The delay setting in the Render Settings doesn't work for me atm.

Comment

I would like to praise this idea from TOK TOK yes may be 5 seconds or customizable infact.

Comment

Working...
                  X