Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCIO color space

Hello,

I'm looking into the OpenColorIO workflow to compose my images, I'm still starting to understand what this al means and how Fstorm is using this. I've read somewhere that Fstorm is using the OCIO color space by default but I don't know if that's true. In the Fstorm manual I can't find any information on the subject. So I'm wondering if anybody here has some more information about how this works inside Fstorm.

So what color space is Fstorm using and how should I save my renders if I want to keep working in the OCIO color space in, for example, Affinity Photo?

Thanks.

-Joep

FStorm uses its own build-in color space for internal calculations. The output is RGB.

Comment

Hello,

Is it possible to implement an entry in bitmap for having the possibility to convert srgb texture to acescg.

Comment

Comment

Comment

https://acescolorspace.com/images

https://acescolorspace.com/rgb

Comment

the problem is not the output color space, it also the Input.
              If the texture we work with are in srgb, the output will be fondamentally in srgb

CG Cinematography ACES is about the most advanced color management system ever designed. With a proper focus on Full CG content and its benefits.

Comment

Sorry to insist but this workflow is very important be implement thansk

Comment

Originally posted by kahein View Post
                  the problem is not the output color space, it also the Input.
                  If the texture we work with are in srgb, the output will be fondamentally in srgb
                  Thanks for the links, very useful! I also hope something can be done about this for being more flexable with this. I think the problem is also that 3ds max still isn't color managed! Maya and other packages are, so I hope that 3ds max will be upgraded with this as well in the future.

Andrey is it possible to implement some color management for Fstorm into Max even though it's not supported natively?

Comment

Working...
                  X