Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script For Create Camera from View with Tonemapping

Hello All-

I have created two quick little scripts to speed up creating an FStormCamera from view and for copying the Render Setup ToneMapping and DOF settings to a camera. The Create FStorm Camera from View automatically copies the ToneMapping and DOF settings and locks all the transforms. Copying ToneMapping and DOF settings from Render Setup to Camera works with an existing camera, either selected or as the current viewport. In slowly switching from VRay to FStorm, I have found that I spend a lot of time panning around with the interactive renderer in the perspective viewport, so I thought it would be nice to be able to quickly capture the cameras and settings for interesting views that I stumble upon. I hope this helps a few others, and if you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know. I'm not overly fluent in MaxScript, but I will do what I can as I develop some more FStorm specific tools.

Enjoy.

--INSTALLATION:
    -- 1. Click Maxscript / Run Script and choose wherever you downloaded ThreeMarks_FStormTools.mcr to.
    -- 1a. It will seem like nothing happened but that's exactly what it should do, you now need to assign a shortcut or button to it
    -- 2. Click Customize -> Customize User Interface -> Keyboard or Toolbars
    -- 3. Change the Category to "ThreeMarks"
    -- 4. Assign a keystroke or make a toolbar button for either / both of the scripts.
    -- 5. Enjoy.

Note, this was created and tested in Max 2014. The forum didn't allow me to directly upload a .mcr file, so I simply zipped it. In the attached zip file should simple be ThreeMarks_FStormTools.mcr.
    Attached Files
    mike golden | www.threemarks.com | Max 2014 | Dual Xeon E5-2687Wv3 | Dual GTX 1080

I did a sort of "multi function" button, if you have a camera selected, it transforms it to fstorm, if you don't have anything selected and are in a perspective view, it creates an fstorm camera from the view, in case you are in a orthographic view, it starts an fstorm camera creation, drag and drog style... in if you are in an fstorm camera view and have nothing selected, it selects your active camera
    Last edited by Iskánder ivp87; 12-01-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X