Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrey Kozlov vs Otoy

As you may know:

29 July 2016 New Zealand High Court has registered Otoy New Zealand claim NO. VIC-2016-404-1773 in the matter of Copyright infringement and breach of confidence between Andrey Kozlov and Otoy New Zealand

More information
    http://www.fstormrender.com/Download...ov_vs_Otoy.pdf

This not an official statement of defense.
    This document is oriented for public access.

Please feel free to discuss

Solid defense Andrey I like it good luck !
    I laughed so hard when I saw they claim ownership of the Motion Blur UI parameter hahaha
    Last edited by Chakib; 08-03-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Good luck.
      Hope you can get back to your development freewheeling.
      M.

Comment

That looks like a great defense !!

Totally agree about the UI ownership, its so funny, You would think Otoy would know better, silly buggers !

Comment

Im not a Lawyer but this look really good !!!

OFFTOY

Comment

Wow, they really try to come the ignorant way: Claiming the environment UI part is Otoy's property is just hilarious - and scary at the same time. Maybe this is something for some Autodesk lawyers I'm sure these guys don't fool around...
            Last edited by RobSteady; 08-03-2016, 04:52 PM.
            FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

That stinks, sounds like you were helping them so much and really pushing new cool features while you were at otoy. Are you able to keep working on Fstorm development? Or do you need to see how this plays out first?

Comment

Originally posted by mbcburt View Post
                That stinks, sounds like you were helping them so much and really pushing new cool features while you were at otoy. Are you able to keep working on Fstorm development? Or do you need to see how this plays out first?

I am working on FStorm.

Comment

There are some typos in your statement. Good luck with that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by deC9r View Post
                    There are some typos in your statement.
                    Yep, indeed. Karba, did you already send it or can you correct it?

Are you allowed to share this with the public at this time? Just asking...

Comment

Typos particular to important references like Chaos Group are important, other mismatch native Russian speaking to English translation/grammar not so important as I understand the document clearly.

Re: (12) I don't know what parts of UI look similar between the 2 renderers (FStorm/OTOY), render settings in 3DS Max of all common renderers have 'exactly' the same colour schema, spinners, value boxes. So I found this confusing - maybe this is not nessecary as relates back to native Max UI. I understand though (12) what you mean by style, this relates to 'all' professions, a programmer, an artist, a graphic designer, draughtsman, architect, lawyer etc

Other than that, looks good. Makes me extremely angry at companies like OTOY, and their bullying behavior - I have had a similar experience with a company I worked for, didn't go anywhere as they (like OTOY) were in the wrong, but still changes you and things around you. Just focus on getting this renderer ready for official launch and this will all seem like ancient history.

Edited out a line regarding plantiffs screen shots
                      Last edited by adams; 08-03-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Maybe this thread should be private? Otoy is already reading all this...
                        Last edited by RobSteady; 08-04-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobSteady View Post
                          Maybe this thread should be private? Otoy is already reading all this...
                          Agree, some great advice but maybe personal messages are best for more detailed feedback.

Comment

Oh they are...that's probably enough open talk then. I think the facts will speak for themselves on the day.
                            My hope is that this type of corporate bullying is blown wide open, shows the ethics of such a public corporation like OTOY, in a relatively small professional user space.
                            Strange I cannot find anything on OTOY site regarding this matter or the various forums, I guess could be embarrassing that their paying users or potential customers find out that they are a morally corrupt corporation once the basic facts are presented, and secondly there is a legitimate product that is shaping up to be far superior than Octane offering over here at FStorm, that they probably haven't even heard about.

Comment

And..here Otoy accusing another guy.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...y-Otoy%2Fpage2

Comment

Working...
                              X