Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU render need for SLI?

Hi, Karba, Hi everybody!
    I have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 graphics cards for GPU rendering (FS, OC, RS). But does the bridge group SLI play the performance of two cards and improve the rendering speed?

no

"SLI bridge is used to reduce bandwidth constraints and send data between both graphics cards directly."
    Last edited by antonyebl; 02-09-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antonyebl View Post
      no

"SLI bridge is used to reduce bandwidth constraints and send data between both graphics cards directly."
      thanks~~

RT~
      I have another GTX660 graphics card ~ If coupled with three cards to render. Will not slow down the calculation ~

Comment

As far as I know, you can't use SLI, but adding another card will help with the calculation, no the other way around, a third card should at least improve your render time by something

the only down side is that with the 1070s you'll have almost 8 gb or so of vram to load your scene, and by adding the 660 your total vram available amount will decrease to the one in the 660

Comment

Originally posted by Iskánder ivp87 View Post
          As far as I know, you can't use SLI, but adding another card will help with the calculation, no the other way around, a third card should at least improve your render time by something

the only down side is that with the 1070s you'll have almost 8 gb or so of vram to load your scene, and by adding the 660 your total vram available amount will decrease to the one in the 660
          It makes me know what to do. Thank you!

Comment

The GTX 660 will help only if you run your system on it /plug in monitor/ because it will totally free up your 1070s and they will be used only for rendering(and materials if you tick them)

Comment

Originally posted by m17a4y View Post
              The GTX 660 will help only if you run your system on it /plug in monitor/ because it will totally free up your 1070s and they will be used only for rendering(and materials if you tick them)
              Hi m17a4y How can i make my gtx 760 use only for plug in monitor. My monitor is attach on gtx 1070, and wont gave me a scree when i att. on gtx 760.

Comment

Originally posted by tehnog View Post
                Hi m17a4y How can i make my gtx 760 use only for plug in monitor. My monitor is attach on gtx 1070, and wont gave me a scree when i att. on gtx 760.
                All you need to do is plug your monitor cable in your gtx 760 and it should work without any problems. At least that is how its working for me

Comment

All you need to do is plug your monitor cable in your gtx 760 and it should work without any problems. At least that is how its working for me
                  Thanks a lot. becouse i have two monitors, For me first i have to plug in 1070 , and than in 760, otherwise is not working when i plug directly in to gtx 760.

Comment

nah, the gtx 660 isn't worthless, if you can fix a scene in its vram it will help the 1070, but maybe a clarification from karba

Comment

Originally posted by Iskánder ivp87 View Post

nah, the gtx 660 isn't worthless, if you can fix a scene in its vram it will help the 1070, but maybe a clarification from karba
                      Ive tried to do that with a GTX 760 with 2 gb and GTX 1080, it actually slowed the render

Comment

Ive tried to do that with a GTX 760 with 2 gb and GTX 1080, it actually slowed the render
                        I'm yet to test a multi gpu configuration myself, but based in some questions I did to karba it should not happen, at least if I understood right...

Comment

Working...
                        X