Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FStormRender for 3ds Max v0.3.8a, Hot fix.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FStormRender for 3ds Max v0.3.8a, Hot fix.

Bug fixes:
    black textures in 3ds max viewport
    invisible light blocks direct lighting

This build requires 3ds Max version 2014 - 2017, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

FStormRender for 3ds Max v0.3.8a(13Mb)

This is the last free version.
    Next versions will be commercial.

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.

thanks for this new update Karba, I'm curious to know what will be the updates of the commercial version

Comment

• Sylk
      Sylk commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a valid time based license is valid for any versions during the defined time.

Thank you Karba.

So the upcoming versions are specially promissing, however, it's too soon for me, but even from a commercial point of view. I understand the desire of start taking a profit, but it can provocate the oposite effect. At least it would need to exits a demo version with last updates.

Best regards
    Last edited by Miguel1900; 11-07-2016, 08:30 PM.
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB GDDR5 @ 2151MHz || i7 3770 @ 3,7GHz || G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB @ 1600mhz

Comment

Last free version will always available.
      All new commercial versions will have demo mode.

Comment

• Miguel1900
        Miguel1900 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem then. Thanks!

Thank you for the free version of FStorm and also thank you for always listening to the community.

Are you planning a free but watermarked version of FStorm?

It would be a dream come true. Currently OTOY is very agressive, they have resolution restriction and the picture is heavily over-watermarked. From a point of view because of this the whole feeling is very disappointing.

On the other hand like example Solid Angle is friendly, they hadn't a resolution gate, only have watermarks on the picture. And Redshift is also on the same road.
      So please listen to those who can't afford a monthly, yearly subscription but like to learn and use this fantastic beast in the future too. Thanks.

Comment

Hi KArba!
        Thank you for your hard work!

I am having video memory problems.

It looks like Fstorm doesnt cleans the memory or something like that after rendering. When I open the scene it ocupies 1.2gb but after working a while that same scenes fstorm says it ocupies 2.4gb!
        That shows fstorm, but with "Sisinternals - Process explorer" it shows that 3ds max consumes all the 6gb of ram of the video card- Look at the screenshot

And I can't work in 3ds max and photoshop at the same time because it won't open because there isn't 500mb free video memory. In Octane with the same scene or heavier scenes I work in photoshop and after effects without problem.

I am using v0.3.8a and last nvidia driver.

Attached Files
        Last edited by rocoto; 11-07-2016, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks Karba this is so exciting, and I'm part of this in a way, I feel sure this software is the begin of new era, now the creativity can go beyond. Can't wait for the commercial version. Congrats man.

Comment

Boom. Last free version. I'll expecting new features then When when When when

Comment

We are willing to pay For C4D plugins

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
                Boom. Last free version. I'll expecting new features then When when When when
                Same, I am still waiting for Render elements and overwrites, unfortunately I won't be buying fstorm before this. So I guess we wait.

Comment

• oguzbir
                  oguzbir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll purchase my license once it's out there. Will buy myself a license, try and support the developer.

Thanks Karba for the hard work and for this "master renderer"! Can't wait to see the evolution and to play with it!

Comment

Originally posted by snakeboxmedia View Post

Same, I am still waiting for Render elements and overwrites, unfortunately I won't be buying fstorm before this. So I guess we wait.
                  same here, same here, i hope its not the premature decision Karba, but U know what you're doing

Comment

• oguzbir
                    oguzbir commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Seriously? Premature? Do you know how octane was when they started selling licenses?
                    and they were a much bigger company imo.

• quadysz
                    quadysz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yeap, for me yes, thers too many lacking functions to start paying, but it just me, cant tell about octane and i dont give a damn, too soon to fully rely on fstorm in production rendering, but its just my opinion, and opinions are like asses everybody has its own :P

maybe things will change aflter next release

Can't install v0.3.8a.
                  After UAC dialog nothing happens.

I'm using the Win10 with latest updates.
                  All previous versions installed correctly.
                  Asset Managers - most advanced tools for working with 3ds Max assets.

Comment

• Sylk
                    Sylk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Works fine for me. Try to redownload it.

Hello Karba
                  I tried this version on max 2017 and hair and fur are not working yet, i think in version 2.6a its ok
                  Isnt a little too early for Fstorm going paid version? because i think if we pay we want something more robust and complete... i love Fstorm and im certainly going to buy it, but not now its far from finishied...

Comment

• Iskánder ivp87
                    Iskánder ivp87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    if I remember well, the 2.6e did hair and fur and was a bit faster... and that was the last to support hair and fur

HI karba

i understand the point of making it commercial

however there are 3 things (and kind of easy things to implement) you should include in the release.
                  all other things can come later but think about those 3 please:

1- background switcher
                  2- shadow catcher
                  3- dome radius

these are really fundamental features of every engine
                  hope you understand my point

i'm happy you are going to release the "final version"

thanks
                  cdb

Comment

Working...
                  X