Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FStormRender for 3ds Max v1.1.0

Changes:
    Added render elements: materials masks, objects masks, zdepth, normals, coordinates, ambient occlusion, wire, edges.
    Added material mask color to fstorm material.
    Close confirmation message pops up after some set rendering time.
    Added direct camera visibility.
    Fixed render restart during scene autosave.

This build requires 3ds Max version 2014 - 2017, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

https://fstormrender.com/download/

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.

Thanks Karba,

Materials gives me a black screen ..

Comment

read the log

Originally posted by Karba View Post
      Changes:

Added material mask color to fstorm material.

Comment

Originally posted by cdb View Post
        read the log

Thanks
        Great !!!

Comment

You are very clever Karba. Very nice and unique solution mask color... Great work!

Comment

There is a bit of lag whist zooming to the render frame buffer by mouse roller. When the gpu's are rendering. Zooms fluidly if thre render is paused.
            I have 4x1070. Result is the same when main display card is disabled in rendering. Could that be solved?
            Win 10, max 2016. Fstorm is this latest release, Paid version. Render frame dimensions are small like 2575x1575px.

Or is it a 3dsmax related problem.?
            Thanks
            Last edited by oguzbir; 12-29-2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
              There is a bit of lag whist zooming to the render frame buffer by mouse roller. When the gpu's are rendering. Zooms fluidly if thre render is paused.
              I have 4x1070. Result is the same when main display card is disabled in rendering. Could that be solved?
              Win 10, max 2016. Fstorm is this latest release, Paid version. Render frame dimensions are small like 2575x1575px.

Or is it a 3dsmax related problem.?
              Thanks
              What is your CPU?
              It is possible, that CPU is not fast enough to serve all 4 GTX1070

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
                What is your CPU?
                It is possible, that CPU is not fast enough to serve all 4 GTX1070
                Hmm haven't thought of that. My cpu is 3930K overclocked @ 4.4 6xcore. It should be ok isn't it?

Comment

Seems more than enough. I had a similar issue, albeit with 2 cards. Turns out it was initially windows defender.

Although I still noticed a little lag. Disable your GFX OC's or reduce and see if that helps, did for me.

I still find lag in Max/FS-Buffer etc when I include my monitor GFX card as render - on low priority. Don't think anyway around this..

Comment

Originally posted by adams View Post
                    Seems more than enough. I had a similar issue, albeit with 2 cards. Turns out it was initially windows defender.
                    Although I still noticed a little lag. Disable your GFX OC's or reduce and see if that helps, did for me.
                    I still find lag in Max/FS-Buffer etc when I include my monitor GFX card as render - on low priority. Don't think anyway around this..
                    I dont think it's the defender thing but i'll try. This Win10 isn't good.
                    And I'm not OC'ing the cards in this issue. Also I already turn off main display card for render. So that it wont be an issue either.

Comment

Karba
                      I'm almost near publishing my shortcut script for fstorm but I have an issue.

Back in octane while working on lighting the scene. And with that script I can hide and unhide the lights in the scene where it gives me opportunity to see the scene only with HDRI.
                      Ofcourse I need set them as moveable proxies first. And when I unhide the lights the scene is also lit by lights as well. This helps ease the lighting progress.

To do this in Fstorm I know that you need to first implement moveable proxy thing in Fstorm for that to work.

But before you do that feature would it be possible to make it work just for Fstormlights? Without the need of setting them as moveable objects?
                      I mean it would be great Fstormlights update in RT mode when I move them or just hide/unhide them?

thanks

Comment

Karba
                        RT FB updating camera settings (exposure, effects ...) while in pause mode is coming up?
                        FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
                          Karba
                          I'm almost near publishing my shortcut script for fstorm but I have an issue.

Back in octane while working on lighting the scene. And with that script I can hide and unhide the lights in the scene where it gives me opportunity to see the scene only with HDRI.
                          Ofcourse I need set them as moveable proxies first. And when I unhide the lights the scene is also lit by lights as well. This helps ease the lighting progress.

To do this in Fstorm I know that you need to first implement moveable proxy thing in Fstorm for that to work.

But before you do that feature would it be possible to make it work just for Fstormlights? Without the need of setting them as moveable objects?
                          I mean it would be great Fstormlights update in RT mode when I move them or just hide/unhide them?

thanks

Unfortunately I can't promise anything regarding realtime geometry update at the moment.
                          It doesn't matter what to update lights or anything else. Lights are geometry as well except sun light.

Comment

Originally posted by RobSteady View Post
                            Karba
                            RT FB updating camera settings (exposure, effects ...) while in pause mode is coming up?
                            It requires quite a lot of work with current gpu management. But I will keep it in my mind.

Comment

I karba

I can't find any info in the manual and don't see the effect on render.
                              What does "angle affect" means in FStorm material ?

Comment

Working...
                              X