Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FStormRender for 3ds Max v1.1.10a (updated 27/04/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FStormRender for 3ds Max v1.1.10a (updated 27/04/2017)

Changes:
    new temperature colors,
    multiple bitmaps loading to multi texture,
    speed up geometry compilation in case of many objects,
    horizon line for fstorm camera,
    secure license server connection.

Bug fixes:
    slow 3ds max scene parsing.

This build requires 3ds Max version 2014 - 2018, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

https://fstormrender.com/download/

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.

Wow! Thanks for this, "speed up geometry compilation in case of many objects"
    This is great for animations. I'm running tests and geometry is loading faster, thus frames are taking between 15 to 20 seconds less than previous release!

Comment

Hi Karba! Just a question...should be possibile to add in a future release something like Corona LightMix ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvPTyXkGJg)) integrated in the FStorm VFB? I think it's a really usefull tool that allow to save a lot of time in lights and colors balancing. What do you think about it?
      Also Vray have something similar...but is not integrated in VFB...works only with an external tool called Pdplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by ymrod View Post
        Hi Karba! Just a question...should be possibile to add in a future release something like Corona LightMix ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvPTyXkGJg)) integrated in the FStorm VFB? I think it's a really usefull tool that allow to save a lot of time in lights and colors balancing. What do you think about it?
        Also Vray have something similar...but is not integrated in VFB...works only with an external tool called Pdplayer.
        No plans for light mix at the moment.

Comment

Hey karba, could you please explain me what's the point about the auto gi clamp thing?
          i don't get it...

i see brighter images with the default 1 value, turned it down to 0.1 to get similiar result to the old version
          do i need to level it down to all old projects?
          wouldn't that means that there is no "auto" feature and rather a "different gi clamp thing"?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cdb View Post
            Hey karba, could you please explain me what's the point about the auto gi clamp thing?
            i don't get it...

i see brighter images with the default 1 value, turned it down to 0.1 to get similiar result to the old version
            do i need to level it down to all old projects?
            wouldn't that means that there is no "auto" feature and rather a "different gi clamp thing"?

thanks
            I changed gi clamp scale. now you have to set it around 1.0 value like (0.1-10.0 or wider), not around 1/exposure. yes, you probably have to adjust it for old projects, sorry for that.

Comment

Shouldn't the release be called 1.2.0?
              After 1.1.9...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning
              Last edited by RobSteady; 04-27-2017, 10:27 AM.
              FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

1080Ti speed not good and it can use memory only 6.47GB in win 10 ?

What the hell !

Comment

I was doing the benchmark test and I found the times get bigger with this last version! for example in the version 1.1.8 I got 4min:40sec with my 2x 1080 Ti and in this new version 1.1.10a 8min!!

Comment

Originally posted by smereces View Post
                    I was doing the benchmark test and I found the times get bigger with this last version! for example in the version 1.1.8 I got 4min:40sec with my 2x 1080 Ti and in this new version 1.1.10a 8min!!
                    version 1.1.10a has different gi clamp scale. try to reduce gi clamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post

version 1.1.10a has different gi clamp scale. try to reduce gi clamp.
                      Is there any value relationship you could give us, just so we know how they compare? like does 0.1 in 1.1.10a equal 1.0 in previous? or something similar.

Comment

Hi! Your download link is not working. Can you let me know how the download the latest version?

Comment

Originally posted by anshumansinghr View Post
                          Hi! Your download link is not working. Can you let me know how the download the latest version?
                          Yes.
                          https://fstormrender.com/forum/forum/...load-page-down
                          We will fix it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by anshumansinghr View Post
                            What is your email address?

Comment

Hello!

Download page is not functional!(
                              Where is download last build FS render for test!?

thx

Comment

Working...
                              X