SDK or API for accessing FStorm from C#/C++/etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDK or API for accessing FStorm from C#/C++/etc

Do you have any plans to allow external code to access FStorm via an SDK/API? Something like that would be a killer feature. I've used VRay's SDK quite heavily and having a similar capability for FStorm would be amazing. Lack of SDK access and terrible customer relations is actually what drove us away from OTOY and towards Chaos Group. With SDK and good customer/developer support, FStorm would be killer for our use case. FStorm is so small and fast, I've got several uses for something like this if we could get code access to its features.

Are you taking about SKD/API for using inside 3ds max or you talking about SDK/API for developing other plugins for other 3d applications?

Comment

Hello I'm new in this forum,

I have my own CGI company and actually we work with Iray. We are evaluating the possibility of passing to Storm, but we are also interested in having an SDK. You can see our work at www.hydragrafix.com

In our case we need a SKD/API for using inside 3ds max.

Alternatively a set of shaders or tools may be sufficient to have more advanced control of Fstorm.

In the case of Mental Ray / Iray we use "String Options" that allow us to adjust internal parameters of the rendering engine, and some shaders called "production shaders" like RayTypeSwitch that allow us to optimize materials excluding some kind of rays from some calculacions or limiting its distance.

There are plans to have something like this ?

Thanks in advance and congratulations for your work.

Comment

FStorm API doesn't allow to add new rendering features due to GPU rendering nature. It only allows to create new plugins for 3ds applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
          FStorm API doesn't allow to add new rendering features due to GPU rendering nature. It only allows to create new plugins for 3ds applications.
          May I ask when this API will be available to create plugins for other applications connection-integration?

I just don't like anything made by ADSK.

Comment

Working...
          X